Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Music Diary Project Day 2

Morning all, had a busy couple of days so haven't been able to update this diary and now Im a day behind. Will try and do Day 3 later on.

Here's Day 2:

On the train to work again I choose The Avett Bros album I and Love and You. It seemed to suit the grey day.

After work we went for a few drinks with some colleagues, there was lots of bad music being played in the pub but every now and again I spotted a gem and took note.
Alive & Kicking - Simple Minds (this was on as I walked in to the pub)
Becoming a Jackal - Villagers this surprised me as it was really cheesy chart stuff for the majority of the evening and then this came on. Great track.
Grounds for Divorce - Elbow - Proof that Elbow are now officially mainstream, but still remain classy.

We then went onto a different bar to watch the Madrid v Spurs game, a few drinks later I stumbled onto a train and threw Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy on in a bid to keep me awake the entire journey home. It worked and I remembered what a great album it was.



No comments:

Post a Comment